Welcome to Groton Community Health Care Center. We do hope that you really enjoy your visitation today. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from the staff if necessary.
Please note the following:
Visitation will be limited to 20 minutes, with up to 7 visitors in the building at one time.
- Options for visits are: in the room, outside, or a scheduled outing (details below for outings).
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older
- Visiting is no longer conditional based on testing. Testing is offered to all our guests and encouraged, but visitors may decline.
- If you choose to have the facility do your testing, you are required to fill out a testing slip. The information on the slip includes Name, Age, Date of Birth, Gender, Race, Ethnicity (Hispanic or Not Hispanic), Address (includes street, town/city, state, and zip code), County of residence, and phone number to be reached at.
- Visitors will report to the front lobby upon arrival to be screened. Screening includes a questionnaire involving current health status and demographic questions. Upon fully and correctly completing the screening, the visitor will receive a bracelet indicating the date and time of visit and a copy of the visitor’s expectation sheet. This information will be stored in physical copies for contact tracing purposes.
- Visitors will be asked to wash hands or sanitize hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, upon arrival.
- Surgical face masks will be required at all times during visits and will be provided.
- Visitors are required to socially distance themselves from staff and residents.
- At this time, there are no pets of any kind allowed on a visit.
- If a resident is fully vaccinated, and it has been at least 2 weeks since their second vaccination, the resident may choose to engage in close contact. Close contact includes hugging, touching, and hand-holding. Close contact does not include kissing.
- If both the visitor and the resident are fully vaccinated (receiving either 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson), and the visitor is on the approved contact list, then the visitor can take the resident out on a community outing. Proof of vaccination by the visitor is required for the outing. A resident can have 1 outing a week.
- Failure to comply with the above expectations could be grounds for early termination of the visit. The visit will end, and a staff member will escort the visitor out. If a visitor continues to demonstrate their inability to comply with the above guidelines, visitation may be withdrawn until the facility is able to be fully open again.