Gorton Community Health Care Center specializes in treating patients recovering from acute illness, orthopedic surgery and traumatic injury. Our rehabilitation department offers a wide range of specialty programs. Our rehabilitation team helps you to achieve your goals by building on your abilities to increase your health, strength, and independence.
You can expect the following therapies from us.
- Gait Training
- Bed mobility
- Transfer training
- Balance training
- Strengthening and conditioning
- Patient and caregiver education
- Activities of daily living training
- Self-help aids training
- Cognitive skills development
- Upper body strengthening and coordination
- Home evaluations for adaptive equipment
- Oral muscle strengthening for speech and swallowing
- Safe swallowing strategies
- Patient and family training
Our room amenities include:
- private and semi-private rooms
- large flat-screen televisions
- complimentary cable television
- affordable telephone service
- personal recliners in select rooms
Give us a call at 607-898-5876 for more details about our short-term rehabilitation services.