Welcome to Groton Community Health Care Center. We do hope that you really enjoy your visitation today. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from the staff if necessary.
Visitor expectations as of 11/29/2021:
- The recommended hours for visitation will be 8 am to 8 pm with avoidance of meal time hours 8am-10am, 12pm-2pm and 5pm-7pm.Visitation is not permitted in meal service areas or the therapy gym.
- Groups of 3 or more are recommended to reserve the café area, so as to physically distance from other residents.
- Visitation time is no longer limited to 20 minutes, and no longer have to be scheduled.
- Visitors are required to follow all Infection Control Practices while visiting, including:
- Visitors who have a positive viral test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meet the criteria for quarantine, should not enter the facility.
- The facility requires all visitors to screen for the above exclusions. Screening of all guests who come into the facility will need to fill out the Visitor Health Screener, which includes contact tracing information. This is done at the front desk.
- Hand Hygiene
- Visitors are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Visitors are expected to physically distance themselves from staff, residents, and other visitors.
- Visitors are not to wander through the facility, and should stay within visiting areas.
- Room visits are to have the door open, to ensure Infection Prevention Core Principles are being followed.
- Visitors are also to inform the facility of if they test positive for COVID-19, or develop COVID-19 signs and symptoms, within 14 days of their most recent visit.
- Visitors who do not comply with the infection prevention guidelines, are to be corrected. If after correction, they still do not comply the visit is to be terminated, and the visitor is to be escorted out of the building. If a visitor has to be escorted out due to not complying with infection prevention core principles, then that visitor will have their visitation removed until the facility is able to review the transgressions, and educate the family member.
- Upon fully and correctly screening, visitors will be asked to use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- At this time, there are no pets of any kind allowed on a visit.
- If a resident is fully vaccinated, and it has been at least 2 weeks since their second vaccination, the resident may choose to engage in close contact.
- Outings no longer require vaccination status, but still need to be scheduled ahead of time.
- In the event of an outbreak, visitation is no longer halted. Visitors will be informed of the occurrence, and will be able to weigh the risks/benefits of staying during an outbreak.
- If visiting a resident who is on Transmission-Based Precautions, the visitor is expected to comply with all Infection Control Practices including the correct donning/doffing of PPE.
Leave a Reply